||Each team will make a musical scale on
which a tune will be played. Each team will also make a poster which
visually displays/enhances the tune.
||To study the science of sound and the
joy of music .
||Team of up to six people.
||A set of (12) 1000 ml. beakers, musical
hammers - Felt pens, construction paper, scissors and glue.
- Each team will be given 10 minutes to prepare the musical
scale and the poster.
- The means of sounding shall be by blowing or striking only
(should specify one).
- The composition played on the glass containers may be original
or a melody taken from existing musical pieces.
- The composition may not be longer than 3 minutes.
- Tuning forks and pitch pipes may not be used at any time
- 25% for poster - judges decision based on visual appeal, neatness,
originality, representation of the tune.
- 50% for scale - relative pitch.
- 25% for tune/composition - based on criteria such as clarity
of sound, cohesiveness of playing (teamwork).
||Youth Science Foundation Science Olympics