||The competitor shall design and construct
a vehicle which has as its power source a 0.5 kg mass. This mass is
not allowed to explode, burn, vapourize or undergo nuclear fission!
It is however allowed to fall in a controlled fashion and provide
propulsion to the vehicle.
||Teams of up to six.
||Hints on Construction.
a The rims of the wheels from your little brother's toy cars make
excellent pulley wheels.
b Old 45RPM records make good wheels as do film cans and lids from
c Monofilament fishing line is, in this situation, the nearest to
You may borrow a 500g mass to test your work of art.
1. The vehicle must be built from "scratch" BY THE COMPETITOR.
2. It may be no more than 50 cm tall.
3. No external launch apparatus is allowed.
4. It may not shed mass as it moves.
||1. The vehicle which travels the greatest
distance measured in a straight line shall be declared the winner.
2. Each entry will be allowed three 'runs' and the longest will be
3. In the event of a tie the second best run shall determine the higher
||Almonte and District High School Physics