||To build the strongest bridge possible
of spaghetti and white glue.
||To explore structural properties of spaghetti.
||Teams of up to four people.
||300g spaghetti, 125 ml of white glue
- The bridge must span a minimum distance of 30 cm.
- The bridge may not be attached in any way to the supporting
tables, i.e. it must be free standing.
- The bridge is to be constructed ahead of time.
- The bridge will be weighed before testing .
- The winning bridge is the one scoring the most points based
on mass carried.
- In the case of a tie, the mass of the bridge can be used
as a factor (lowest mass wins).
||Youth Science Foundation Science Olympics