|A good cup of tea is made by pouring boiling
water into a pre-heated tea-pot. Here are the detailed rules:
1. You must construct any necessary apparatus, and bring it with
you to the competition. It shall include a watertight container
of at least 300 ml of capacity.
2. The only energy source allowed is the mechanical energy provided
by the physical exertion of a team member.
3. Only one member of the team can operate the apparatus at a time.
4. Team members may take turns operating the apparatus as often
as the team captain wishes.
5. The apparatus may be operated for no more than 12 minutes.
6. The temperature of the water will be measured as soon as possible
after the 12 minutes are up, by sticking a thermometer into the
reservoir holding the water. Don't forget to provide a hole for
7. The volume of water remaining at the end of the 12 minutes must
be at least 300 ml.
8. The maximum temperature change of the 300 ml of water will determine
9. In the event of a tie, the tied teams will participate in a
play-off event to be specified at the time of the contest.