||Each team will be given a sample of water
prepared to meet specific characteristics which students must test
and describe in as much detail as possible, e.g. acidity, hardness.
||To improve knowledge of chemical analysis.
||Teams of up to four..
||pH paper, distilled water, litmus paper,
sample for analysis, microscope, slides, MnS04,
filter paper, Na2S2O2,
funnel, iodine, strains, Erlenmeyer flasks, soap, burettes, standard
CaC03, starch indicator.
- Each team will get a different sample of water.
- Teams will be allowed a maximum of 90 minutes to complete
all tests - then submit their analysis to the judges after this
time period is over.
- Students may perform as many tests as they can in the time
period allowed and any test that the judges feel to be pertinent,
as well as safe, will be allowed.
- Points will be awarded on the basis of accuracy and thoroughness
of the analysis as well as the manner in which the description
is presented i.e. diagrams etc.
- Students must be prepared to redo a test if their original
result seems questionable in the eyes of the judges.
||The winning team will have accumulated
the most points and thus will have performed the best analysis.
||Youth Science Foundation Science Olympics
| | | | |
| | |