1. The suspended mass may not exceed 1 kg.
2. The maximum distance between the point of suspension and the
floor is not to exceed 6 m. The yo-yo must start between the point
of suspension and the floor.
3. The yo-yo may travel in a vertical direction only. A horizontal
displacement which does not exceed 3 cm from the vertical will be
4. Only the initial gravitational potential energy of the yo-yo
may be used as an energy source for the yo-yo.
5. The yo-yo or any part of the apparatus may not touch the floor
and must be supported at one point only.
6. To help the judges, you might try suspending a stick or piece
of wood from the ceiling close to the area where the yo-yo will
be suspended. Attach this to the floor and use a marker for determining
the score. Instead of wood, you might consider a piece of tape on
the wall or a piece of string.