||Modify a paper plate so it will hit a target.
||To investigate the aerodynamics of paper plates.
||Teams of up to four.
||1 disposable plate, 1 pair of scissors, masking tape.
- Each student will modify a plate so as to improve its flight.
- One shot will be made at a target from a distance of 8 metres.
- No practice shots at the target will be allowed.
- Points will be given if the modifications HELP the plate to
fly better than an unmodified plate.
- Bonus points are given if the plate hits the target.
- Points may be given to any student who makes an honest effort
to meet the challenge.
||Youth Science Foundation Science Olympics Manual.