1. As soon as a team is satisfied with the separation process,
the two sandwich bags should be brought to the judges desk. The
weight of each bag and the time will be recorded and the samples
will be retained by the judges.
2. Teams may opt for a second and final attempt by taking another
mixture. However, if a second set of separated streams is submitted
then the first set will not be considered.
3. The separating device must also be submitted with bags to be
4. After the event is completed, judges will separate each bag into
its constituents. The highest value of separation effectiveness
(S.E.) will result for bags each containing 100g of a constituent,
and no losses during separation.
5. Teams with the highest S.E. score will receive 1 point and the
fifth place team will receive 5 points.
6. If some teams have the same S.E. score, then teams that weighed
their samples first will have a higher mark.
7. If two teams have the same S.E. score and weighed their samples
at the same time, then the team that used the least amount of cardboard
will be placed higher than the other.