||One student is to guide a blindfolded partner through
a maze using nonverbal communication only.
||To develop an appreciation of the challenges faced
by the poorly sighted.
||Teams of two.
||1 pea shooter, 3 peas, 1 blindfold.
- Students are to develop a communication system that does not
involve verbal communications. No grunts, groans, throat-clearing
- The blindfolded student will be guided non-verbally through
- Upon reaching the first target, he will shoot one pea through
the pea shooter at the first target.
- If he hits the target, he may proceed to the third target and
shoot at it.
- Upon hitting the second target, he may proceed to the third
target and shoot at it.
- Partners should trade positions and repeat the challenge.
- Each partner will receive four points if either one hits the
- Bonus points are given to each partner for each additional
target that is hit.
||Youth Science Foundation Science Olympics Manual.