||Construct a model of a certain type of
||To investigate the structure of a cell.
||Individual entries, or teams of up to four.
- The type of cell must be stated. Some possibilities to consider
are - a human nerve cell, a human liver cell, a human epithelial
cell, a palisade leaf cell or a spongy parenchyma leaf cell.
- The scale of the model must be given.
- The relative size, shape and location of the organelles must
- The model and organelles must be three dimensional.
- All parts should be labeled or an adequate key should be included.
- Common materials must be used to depict organelles (marbles,
thumbtacks, etc ...) but no structures maybe taken from a pre-exiting
- The model shall be any reasonable size.
Models will be judged using the following criteria:
- Attention to detail.
- Accuracy of scale.
- Originality of design.
||Youth Science Foundation Science Olympics