To model interphase and the 4 stages of mitosis using the materials given.
To describe the key events of each stage of interphase and mitosis.
||Teams of up to six
||All materials will be provided at the event, including pencils, rulers, instructions, labels, and a variety of modeling materials.
1. Students must follow the instructions provided at the event to model interphase and the 4 stages of mitosis using only the materials provided.
2. Students will then be required to label all the parts of the model using the labels provided.
3. Students will also describe the key events of each stage of the cell cycle.
4. Groups will have a 20 minute time limit to complete the tasks.
5. Students are required to follow the verbal instructions provided at the event regarding the treatment of materials.
Models will be judged on
• the accurate representation of interphase and the stages of mitosis.
• the following of the instructions provided.
• the accurate labelling of the models.
• the accurate description of the stages of mitosis.
District Science Olympics: Dana Sinclair; Kristy McConnell