||To design and construct a vehicle which
does not possess wheels, that is capable of transporting a person
through an irregularly shaped course 40 m in length.
||Teams of up to four.
|| Plywood, masonite, a pegboard, particleboard,
nails and screws.
- The driver must not make contact with the ground during the
course of the race. Should a driver touch the ground, he/she must
- All drivers must wear a protective helmet during the race.
- The course can be constructed indoors or outdoors, and it specifications
are to be determined by the event co-ordinators. Possible sections
of the course can include a passage through a section of water,
an incline ramp, driving over a narrow bridge and a section where
the vehicle must drive backwards.
- The vehicle must make a loud noise intermittently or constantly
during the race. Any method of making the noise is allowed.
- The vehicle completing the course in the shortest time is the
- You could give 10 second penalties for failing to successfully
complete a section of the course, and add these to the total time.
||Youth Science Foundation Science Olympics
| | | | |
| | |