||To build a working model of a solar house
that will passively collect heat from the sun.
||To investigate solar energy and the properties
||Individuals or teams of two.
- The scale must be 2 cm for each 1 m.
- The house must be a 3 bedroom model representing an area of
140 - 160 square metres.
- The model must be designed to work without the aid of any electrical
or outside mechanical assistance.
- Two small holes must be provided to insert thermometers during
the test, both 1 cm above ground level, one in the centre of the
north wall, one in the centre of the west wall.
- The model will be tested by measuring the initial and final
temperatures inside the house after exposure to a heat lamp.
- Heat retention after exposure will also be measured.
||Youth Science Foundation Science Olympics