||Design and construct a trajectory device
that propels a golf ball towards a target.
||To investigate the physics of trajectories.
||Teams of up to four.
||Four targets that will contain buckets
with diameters of 10 cm, 15 cm, 20 cm and 25 cm. There is no restriction
on material or type of the launcher which can be decided ahead of
time. (e.g. ballistic, catapult, pendulum, etc...).
- The targets will be arranged at distance between 2 and 4 metres
declared at the beginning of the competition.
- The device will be placed at the same level as the top of
- The smallest target will score the highest marks.
- The target aimed for must be carefully stated before each
- There will be 5 shots per round. Only 1 target can be used
- There will be 2 or 3 rounds depending on number of entries.
- The best total score wins first prize.
- The highest score in one round will win an individual prize.
||Youth Science Foundation Science Olympics