1. There will be two 20 minute playing periods with a 5 minute
rest period between halves.
2. In front of each member will be a button which will be used
to signal which team will have the first opportunity to answer
3. After the signal is given, the answer must be given within
5 seconds after some consulting between team members. Each correct
answer will be worth 20 points to the team who gave that answer.
4. If a team gives an incorrect answer, 10 points will be deducted
from their score. The question will be re-read and the other team
given an opportunity to answer - no points are deducted if the
second team fails to answer or answers incorrectly.
5. At the end of each period of play, bonus questions worth 5
points each will be asked and each team will be allowed 20 seconds
to answer. Team members may take notes and transmit them to the
captain - only the captain can answer the bonus question.
6. The contest will consist of objective questions which will
call for factual answers and practical challenges where one member
(chosen by the team itself) from each team will be required to
perform a small task in the shortest time.