Condensed Matter Grad Club
Last update: Friday, June 1, 2012 4:40:43 PM
To the Ion Scattering and Nanophysics Laboratory in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Western!
Extended group, from left to right: Peter, Jack, Victoria, Ian, Blake, Gabe, Olga (front), Lyudmila (back). Missing: Sergey. June 2013
Physics and Astronomy 231
Phone: (519) 661-2111 x 81558
Physics and Astronomy 225
Phone: (519) 661-2111 x 86280
Department of Physics and Astronomy, UWO
1151 Richmond St.
London, Ontario, Canada N6A 3K7
Western Science Centre G49
Phone: (519) 661-2111 x 83803
Current Research Topics:
The Goncharova group works in several research areas:
1. Ion scattering: technique development and enhancement of detection in ion scattering.
2. Growth of ultra-thin films and nanomaterials using atomic layer deposition systems and molecular beam epitaxy.
3. Development of optical and electrical characterization approaches for nanomaterials.
To learn more use navigation links on the left.
We just moved in August 2011 into new lab PAB 225: watch our move in progress!
Selected Research Publications:
- S.N. Dedyulin, L.V. Goncharova (2012) Role of the defects in SiGe thin films thermal oxidation, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research. Section B. 272, 334-337.
- E.G. Barbagiovanni, L.V. Goncharova, P.J. Simpson (2011) Electronic structure study of ion-implanted Si quantum dots in a SiO2 matrix: Analysis of quantum confinement theories. Phys.Rev. B 83, 035112.
- L.V. Goncharova, M. Dalponte, T. Feng, T. Gustafsson, E. Garfunkel, P.S. Lysaght, G. Bersuker (2011) Diffusion and interface growth in hafnium oxide and silicate ultra-thin films on Si (001). Phys. Rev. B 83, 115329.
- Z. Tun, J.J. Noel, T. Bohdanowicz, L.R. Cao, R.G. Downing, L.V. Goncharova (2010) Cold-neutron depth profiling as a research tool for the study of surface oxides on metals. Can. J. Phys. 88 (10) 751-758.
- "The dynamics of a c(2x2) phase induced by nitrogen adsorption on Cu(001)" E.Z. Ciflikli, L.V. Goncharova, B.J. Hinch, M. Alcantra Ortigoza, S. Hong, T.S. Rahman, Phys.Rev.B 2010, 81, (11), 115465.
- "Effect of excess vacancy concentration on As and Sb doping in Si" M. Dalponte, M.A. Adam, H. Boudinov, L.V. Goncharova, T. Feng, E. Garfunkel, T. Gustafsson (2009) J. Physics D, 42 (16) 165106.
- "Atomic Layer Deposition of Hafnium Silicate Thin Films Using Tetrakis(diethylamido)hafnium and Tris(2-methyl-2-butoxy)silanol" .J. Liu, W.N. Lennard, L.V. Goncharova, D. Landheer, X.H. Wu, S.A. Rushworth, A.C. Jones (2009) J. Electrochemical Society, 156 G89-G96.
- "Structural studies of sun-monolayer Sn/Cu(001) phases", J. Lallo, L.V. Goncharova, B.J. Hinch, S. Rangan, R.A. Bartynski, and D.R. Strongin, Surface Science 602 (2008) 2348.
- "Metal-gate-induced reduction of the interfacial layer in Hf oxide gate stacks", L.V. Goncharova, M. Dalponte, T. Gustafsson, O. Celik, E. Garfunkel, P.S. Lysaght, G. Bersuker J. Vac. Sci. Technol A 25 (2007) 261.
- "Surface structure of Sphalerite studied by medium energy ion scattering and XPS", S.L. Harmer, R. Kolarova, L.V. Goncharova, W.N. Lennard, M.A. Munoz-Marquez, I.V. Mitchell and H.W. Nesbitt, Surface Science 601 (2007) 352.
- "Oxygen diffusion and reactions in Hf-based dielectrics", L.V. Goncharova, M. Dalponte, D.G. Starodub, E. Garfunkel, T. Gustafsson, P.S. Lysaght, B. Foran, J. Barnett and G.I. Bersuker, Applied Physics Letters 89 (2006) 044108.
- "Interface structure and thermal behaviour of epitaxial SrTiO3 thin films on Si(001)", L.V. Goncharova, D.G. Starodub, E. Garfunkel, T. Gustafsson, V. Vaithyanathan, D.G. Schlom Journal of Applied Physics 100 (2006) 014912.